Saturday, March 7, 2015

What Do You Pray About?

READ Psalm 25-26

What do you pray about? The Bible, of course, tells us to pray about everything at all times (1 Thess 5:17). But think about the things you specifically tend to pray about the most. Now notice David’s Psalm 25 which is a prayer in its entirety. Though it would not constitute a comprehensive list, there are some great reminders of what we should take to the Lord that we may not be doing on a regular basis.

Are you concerned for honoring the Lord in all you do? Then pray about it. “Let me not be put to shame.” (1)

Are you desiring to be a more mature Christian? The pray, “Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me.” (3-4)

Do you sometimes get discouraged about former sins and wonder how God could possibly love someone like you? Ask God, “Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!” (6-7) And ask him to “pardon [your] guilt” (11) and “forgive all [your] sins.” (18)

Do you fear what others might do to you? Pray: “Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.” (20)

Now add your list to these and pray without ceasing.

Prayer: Father, teach us to pray. Help us to pray. Forgive us when we are prayer-less. Draw us into your holy presence with a desire to commune with you. Remind us that you are the fountain of life and all things are from you. 

No comments: