Monday, March 2, 2015

Are You Content

READ Psalm 15-16

Are you content? David expresses deep contentment in Psalm 16:5-6: “The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.” He is satisfied both with God and with God’s provision for him: lot, lines, inheritance. David knows in his heart that the provision of his life is providentially determined. God is the one who provides what we need and decides how much or how little we have.

The words bring to mind the words of Paul in Philippians 4:11-13: “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

So I ask again, are you content? If not, seek the Lord and earnestly pray for him to give you peace and contentment in your soul. He is the source of this contentment. You can do all things through his strength.

Prayer: Father, help me to be content. Help me to know that you will supply all my needs according to your riches in glory in Christ Jesus. So help me to trust you daily, moment by moment, and to work knowing that you will bless the work of my hands. Thank you for your bountiful provision.

No comments: