Friday, July 3, 2015

Love That Wants to Fight...

READ Isaiah 27-28

In the beginning of Chapter 27 Isaiah is prophetically giving us a picture of the future city of God when God’s people will be to him as a “pleasant vineyard” that he tends and cares for in the most intimate of ways. What a precious picture we see of God’s love for us as his eternal family.

“In that day,
 “A pleasant vineyard, sing of it!
 I, the Lord, am its keeper;
every moment I water it.
Lest anyone punish it,
I keep it night and day;
 I have no wrath.
 Would that I had thorns and briers to battle!
I would march against them,
I would burn them up together.
 Or let them lay hold of my protection,
let them make peace with me,
let them make peace with me.” (27:2-5)

God loves us so much that he even expresses the wish that he had “thorns and briers to battle” on our behalf. Of course, that is the future new heaven and new earth that he is describing. Because we know that now there are plenty of briers and thorns. And God allows and enables us to stand strong against them on our behalf. Imagine! A God who loves you so much that he wants to do battle for you. Wow! How can we neglect so great a love?

Prayer: Father, help us to know and rest in your love. Thank you for loving us with an everlasting love that never departs and never diminishes. Help us to love because you first loved us.

No comments: