Monday, January 25, 2016

Peace...in the midst of the storm...right now

READ John 15-16

Where is the source of our peace? When we are faced with difficult times, difficult situations, difficult people — where do we turn to for peace? Do we turn to medication to mask our discomfort? Do we turn to other people for their comfort? Where do we turn?

Jesus makes it clear that our peace is in him. It is not to be found in this world. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” (16:33) We are to rest in him and the certainty of our life in him for our peace.

Remember the Gospel. We were under the curse of the tribulation of our own sin. Christ died bearing all those sins in his own body on the cross. His death redeemed us from our sin. He rose from the dead displaying his full victory over the final enemy death and verifying exactly who he is as Lord of Lords and King of Kings. One day he is coming to take us to where he is for eternity. Peace…in the midst of tribulations…in the midst of the storm…right now.

Prayer: Father, help me to face the tribulation of this world in the peaceful grasp of my loving Savior. Help me father, to trust you, and not the situations that I face. Help me to rest in you.

No comments: